If you currently have missing teeth you may want to protect your smile with the help of a dental bridge. This non-removable restoration effectively restores your smile whether you are missing several teeth in a row or one.
Unfortunately, the gaps left behind from missing teeth aren’t only unsightly, but they can actually affect your smile’s health as well. To prevent long-term problems from developing due to lost teeth now is the time to protect your smile.
Dr. Hoang Truong and our team at Rock Rose Dental are happy to share some benefits of dental bridges for our patients in Roseville, California, with missing teeth. But let’s take a quick look at what happens to your smile when the gaps are left unchecked:
- You are more prone to gum disease and tooth decay.
- The remaining teeth in your mouth can shift.
- Your smile’s appearance suffers as the gaps stand out when you smile or speak.
- Your speech can be affected.
- Your bite may be altered.
- If your bite is altered, you are susceptible to temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) as your teeth are subjected to uneven pressure when chewing.
Fortunately, a dental bridge is an effective solution for missing teeth, and Dr. Hoang Truong is pleased to offer this treatment option for teeth our patients. This fixed restoration uses two or more crowns for the remaining teeth on either side of the gap. Also known as abutment teeth, these teeth anchor the false tooth which is placed in the gap.
To determine if a dental bridge is the right solution to restore your smile’s form and function, please give our Rock Rose Dental team a call at 916-784-3337 to schedule your consultation with our dentist in Roseville, California. Dr. Hoang Truong and our team are pleased to work with you to create the healthy, confident smile you deserve!