Protect your mouth from the dangers of gum disease. Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an extremely common, yet serious oral disorder involving your gum tissue. Gum disease is caused by a variety of issues, including plaque buildup within our mouths, that if left untreated, can steadily damage your gums and cause irreparable tooth loss.
Prevent gum disease from destroying your smile by observing the following signs that indicate it may be occurring:
– Do your gums traditionally bleed when eating food or brushing and flossing?
– Do you suffer from ongoing bouts of halitosis (bad breath) no matter how often you brush and floss?
– Do you normally have loose teeth that feel wobbly?
– Have you been prescribed any medications that list gum disease as a recurring side effect?
– Do you have sensitive gums that appear swollen, sore to the touch, or are red and bleeding?
– Do you continue to partake in dangerous habits for your oral health such as smoking or chewing tobacco, or using drugs?
– Does it look like your gums are stripping back away from your teeth, exposing more of their roots?
To prevent gum disease, visit us today. If you would like Dr. Hoang Truong and our team at Rock Rose Dental to bring you in for an oral exam or professional cleaning, please contact our dentist office in Roseville, California, by calling us at 916-784-3337. Have a fantastic day!