Have you ever thought about why dental floss is used? Dental floss is highly effective for cleaning between the teeth in areas that tooth brushing alone cannot reach. Thus, it is an essential part of your oral health care to ensure your smile remains in optimum condition. To better enhance your dental flossing techniques, consider the following methods:
– Focus on flossing your teeth 2 to 3 minutes every day.
– Be sure to floss between every single tooth including the back row.
– Look for dental floss that is safe and effective, and is shred-resistant.
– Never use the same strand of dental floss more than once.
– To avoid contamination, avoid using the same parts of a dental floss section between more than one tooth by moving up and down the strand as needed.
– Make sure your dental floss can clean all your teeth without using the same section more than once, always use a strand about 18 inches long for each flossing session.
– If flossing with thread proves too difficult for you or if you have had dental work done that prevents it from fully cleaning between teeth, switch to an alternative interdental tool such as a water flosser.
If you would like to set up an oral health care diagnosis at Rock Rose Dental, you are welcome to call our dentist office in Roseville, California, at our number 916-784-3337. Dr. Hang Truong, Dr. Asma Sajid, and our entire team look forward to enhancing your smile!